Spain Revealed: Granada's Alhambra (Travel Guide) RECENTLY UPDATED FOR 2017! With high-resolution images, maps and a detailed tour itinerary, this is the definitive guide to Granada's Alhambra in Andalucia, Spain.
The Alhambra — a magnificent 14th century palace-city built by the Nasrids in the city of Granada — stands as one of the greatest monuments of Islamic Spain, or Al-Andalus. Using elaborate mosaic decoration that creates the impression of infinity, inscriptions that tell of the greatness of God and the Alhambra, and walled gardens that symbolize paradise, the Nasrids realized a divine vision on earth. It is yours to uncover.
What’s in this guidebook
* Comprehensive look at the Alhambra’s art and architecture. We examine the defining features of the Nasrid style, isolating key features and concepts that you will see again and again as you make your way through the Alhambra; we tell you what makes them unique and what they symbolize. To make things come alive, we have packed our descriptions with high-resolution images.
* A tour that goes deeper on the most important sites. Following our tradition of being the most valuable travel resource for culture-focused travelers, we provide a unique, detailed tour of the Alhambra’s premier sites, with a special focus on the Nasrid Palaces. For each, we provide information on its history, a detailed plan that highlights its most important architectural and artistic features, high-resolution images, and a discussion that ties it all together.
* Advice for getting the best cultural experience. To help you plan your visit, this guidebook offers logistical advice and provides links to online resources for opening times and entrance ticket purchasing. Plus, we provide tips to help you while your are on location, such as where to look for the best examples of particular artistic and architectural features and how to avoid the crowds.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and images are mocked up with text that explains important features.
* NEW! Customers can now print this guidebook with our new PDF-on-Demand service. See the final chapter in the book for details.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple’s travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com — a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What’s hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor’s famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- LA Times